We’re extremely excited to reveal that we are recruiting for a Digital Production Manager – KTP Associate to become part of the Instinct Team. The chosen candidate will work in a project team with ourselves and leaders at Aston Business School.
|Location:||Creative Manufacturing Ltd (trades as Instinct Hardware), 165 Fordhouse Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B30 3AG|
|Salary:||£35,000 per annum|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term (24 months)|
|Closing Date:||23.59 hours GMT on Tuesday 28 February 2023|
|Interview Date:||To be confirmed|
|Release Date:||Monday 30 January 2023|
This role is an exciting opportunity for candidates with MSc level, ideally with a first degree in either Production Engineering of Business and Computing, followed by a Masters/ MBA focused on Business/ Operations Management with relevant IT modules.
This KTP project aims to implement digitalisation of operational and production control processes through the adoption of Industry 5.0 principles to drive productivity and efficiency improvements, implement data-driven decision making, and develop a business culture that supports sustainable business growth.
Candidate Profile: MSc ideally with a first degree in either Production Engineering of Business and Computing, followed by a Masters/ MBA focused on Business/ Operations Management with relevant IT modules. The candidate should have experience of working in a manufacturing setting with some hands-on experience of digital manufacturing and modern management practices. They should also have an understanding, at least at a conceptual level of Industry 5.0.
The role would suit a candidate seeking to become an ICT/ IS business process change consultant/ manager.
Aptitude and skills: Ideally the candidate will have some technical understanding, practical experience or a willingness to learn:
- Working with Production control systems
- Accessing data, data analytics, data flow diagrams
- Basic knowledge of statistical software packages
- Knowledge of production planning and control tools, e.g. Value Stream Mapping
Experience of working in a manufacturing setting with some hands-on experience of digital manufacturing and modern management practices. They should also have an understanding, at least at a conceptual level of Industry 5.0.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop and deliver learning and training materials for CML current and future staff.
- They will need to work closely with CML staff across all functions and embed the new skills through collaborative working.
- Proactive attitude to cope with the typical day-to-day challenges encountered in working in a technology-based industry, finding original solutions that will be crucial to deliver the project with the necessary high levels of innovation.
- Work independently on own initiative as and when required with excellent time management skills.
- Project management skills either in an academic or industrial environment are desirable
- Self-motivated and confident with good persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Good presentation skills to deliver regular project updates across the business.
- Up to £4000 for personal and professional development for the duration of the project.
- Ashorne Hill Management and Leadership Training
- Pension provision
- Opportunity to be employed by the company post-project
This is a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Creative Manufacturing Ltd and Innovate UK-KTN. It is essential you understand how KTP works and the vital role you will play if you secure this position. To learn more please visit: www.aston.ac.uk/ktp
The Company: Creative Manufacturing Ltd, principally design and manufacture architectural hardware, primarily door furniture, for Architectural Ironmongers and manage the full supply chain from purchasing the raw material to delivery to the customer. They produce reliable, high-quality products from top-graded T316 Stainless Steel, which has superior strength and durability. They specialise in products forhigh end residential, hotel and commercial developments, and thereforemanufacture a high variety of both standard and bespoke products in short production runs.
Aston University: You will work in a project team with Dr Donato Masi, Dr Gajanan Panchal from Aston Business School, and the Senior Management Team at Creative Manufacturing Ltd Limited with the support of the IUK-KTN’s Knowledge Transfer Adviser.
Location: You will be based predominantly at Creative Manufacturing Ltd, but will also have access to facilities at Aston University in central Birmingham. Some travel to key clients may also be required.
For informal enquiries about this role please contact Dr Gajanan Panchal, Lecturer In Operations Management, Aston Business School E-mail: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can apply online at the Aston Business School site.
Aston University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. It promotes equality and diversity in all aspects of its work. We strive to have robust inclusivity strategies in place, including race and sexual orientation, to encourage colleagues to have the confidence and freedom to be themselves in the workplace. For more information, visit: https://www2.aston.ac.uk/about/inclusive-aston” If you require the job details document or an application form in an alternative format please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org